Friday, February 6, 2009

Day Five - MMM....Wine.

Well, this has been an active day, blog-wise, huh? You have my lovely little EEE PC netbook to thank for that. Blogging is so much easier when I can do it at my hostel. I just finished eating dinner, which consisted of canned Heinz spaghetti which cost me a dollar along with some gourmet sun dried tomatoes which cost three times as much. An odd pairing but it was delicious. Now I'm having a nice glass of South African Shiraz. Quite a nice dinner indeed. Cooking at the hostel really is the way to go. Food here is pretty expensive if you eat out all the time. Luckily the hostel has a full kitchen, refrigerator, and everything else I would need to make a decent meal. If only I actually knew how to cook...

Tonight I believe I will be going out with my new friend, Henning. He is a young German lad whom was studying abroad in Belfast, a large city in the north of Ireland, but not in Northern Ireland which is pretty much a different country. I'm not sure what we will be doing but finding fun in Galway is not terribly difficult. Especially if I have had a few glasses of wine ahead of time.

I must be going now, I believe my French acquaintances from my first night in Galway will be using my computer soon. Why make them pay for an internet cafe when mine is free?

6 comments:

  1. Wow!Awesome photos. Love the church but was most inpired by the cliffs. Moher? Amazing, haunting, bautiful. Any chance of swiping that cliff warning and shipping it stateside?
    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I agree with Michelle about the cliffs at Moher. Incredible...a good buy on that laptop ya bought....keep your eye on it...Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Vance! You take the most amazing pictures! :) Glad to see youre still alive! :)

    Keely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice man! I dont think I could survive out there w/o taking a laptop or something. Hope your having fun on your HUGE adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures, those castles look awesome. I would go out of my way to fill up at that Emo station, hopefully it reminded you of that emo sink you left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photos were awesome - thanks for the short vacation (smile). I especially love the inventive ways you take pics of youself - very clever, but I aleady knew that about you. Great buy.

    ReplyDelete

Where I've Been.